The Prom Food Guide: What to Eat, What to Avoid
Prom night is a special occasion for high schoolers, and part of the night is the food. Whether you’re attending prom or hosting a prom-themed event, you need to know what to serve and what to avoid. Here’s a prom food guide to help you make the best choices.
What to Eat
- Appetizers: Offer bite-sized appetizers like mini quiches, crostinis, and bruschetta. These are easy to eat and won’t leave your guests feeling too full.
- Main Dishes: Stick to dishes that are easy to eat, like chicken, fish, or pasta dishes. Avoid messy dishes like chili or sloppy joes.
- Desserts: Keep it light with fruit tarts or cupcakes. Avoid heavy desserts like ice cream sundaes or cheesecake.
What to Avoid
- Alcohol: Unless you’re hosting a 21+ event, avoid serving alcohol. It’s illegal and can lead to serious trouble.
- Messy Foods: Avoid dishes that are difficult to eat, like tacos or ribs. These can be messy and can make it difficult for your guests to eat.
- Heavy Foods: Avoid heavy dishes like lasagna or pizza. These can be filling and can leave your guests feeling too full.
By following this prom food guide, you can make sure that your guests are well-fed and happy! With the right food, your prom night will be a night to remember.